Monday, August 10, 2009

July....it came and went

Is blogging still in? I have no idea, I feel a little out of touch with the whole things these days....but I did want to remember a couple things from July, so here goes:

George Straight:
My sweet friend Christin invited me to go to the George Straight concert with her out at USANA. Now, just as a reminder I am in no way a country music fan, but let's be honest is there anything better than an outdoor concert in the summer? I think not. Plus, let's be honest is there anything better than people watching, and let me tell you, it was at an all time prime. I am still always amazing that I co-exist with these people 365 days of the year. There were too many highlights to document....like when I watched K Bull throw stuff into the crowd and watched it nail this girl in the eyeball and watched as she struggled to hold back tears, classic. This actually happened to Angela Roberts in HS, except it was a tape from U92 and it happened at Wam Bam Summer Jam...but you get the idea. Anyways, the complete highlight was getting to watch some police action right on my row. As the concert started, knowing good concert etiquette, I took my seat. This group of 4 on my row obviously didn't get the memo and refused to sit down. No matter how many death threats and f words used, they refused to sit down. Then the police showed up, and they still wouldn't sit down even when the police came to the row and said, either you sit down or we take you out of here. The went with option B to which the crowd went wild. The man of the group was actually arrested, what a tool.

Annual Lagoon Trip:
Lisa, Matt our friend Jonathan and I made our annual trip to Lagoon last month, will I ever outgrow Lagoon? I hope not. Obviously Lisa and I make Lagoon an annual event, Jonathan hadn't been in 10 years and Matt had never been....so it was quite the experience. In fact, Matt actually thought Lagoon had bark grounds....anyways, as always Lagoon never disappoints. Great rides, EXTREME people watching and bad BO. What more could you want out of a Saturday? On our 2nd ride I witnessed the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. While on the Wicked roller coaster all the sudden Matt's hand whacked me in the face, we made awkward eye contact and he just shouted at me "PHONE!" I look down, and in mid air he had caught someones cell phone that was flying through the air. If only Ashley had been so lucky 3 years ago at Frightmares.... Anyways, moving on. Sadly, about an hour into the trip Jonathan got sick so the majority of the day it was a lot of 3 Amigo's action. Probably the highlight was going on Jetstar 2, after waiting in line for 20 minutes we realized that you had to be in groups of 2 in order to ride. Luckily, we found another group of 3 and I was able to pair up with a 14 year old Hispanic boy with braces. Since I was the larger of the two of us, I took back...which meant I got to straddle him for the duration of the ride. It wasn't awkward for any of us. Matt told him as the ride was going that if anything inappropriate happened during the ride to let him know....thanks Matt. Let's just say it was a quick silent ride.

Dreams coming true, Tori Amos:
For Katie Jo's birthday, Jason Sanders and I took Katie to the Tori Amos concert here in SLC. For those of you that don't know, I am a HUGE Tori fan. I know it's going to be hard to convince you that I am not a lesbian at this point, but I love her. Seriously though, wanna know who loves her more than the lesbians here in SLC? The gay men here in SLC. Honestly, I think it was worse than Cher, Elton John and Judy Garland combined....but I enjoyed it all the same. It was quite the crowd, lots of normals, lots of mid 30 yr old men with pedo haircuts braided belts and tucked in plaid shirts, lots of goths and lots of lesbians in floor length leather gowns. Fine by me. The concert was hysterical. At one point due to the loud music and blinking lights I thought I was going to go into epileptic shock....but luckily she moved onto the next song. However, am I the only one that was extremely disappointed that she didn't sing "Silent all These Years?

11 comments:

Angela said...

I remember that concert all too well. But you got it all wrong. Remember....I got in a fight and totally kicked some girls trash.

Your best friend, Ashley said...

thoughts on your july:

1. i am still trying to picture you at a george strait concert.

2. lagoon is what fun is- but they need to do something about that wicked ride. i can't believe he caught his phone! i lost a camera and a phone and was completely oblivious to both- as you are well aware.

3. i am soo sad i missed tori. last concert she didn't play much of her classics either but that didn't stop jason from screaming for tori to "punish him" and i secretly wished for the same. i like her new stuff- fine- but there is something about hearing 'a sorta fairytale' or 'icicle' and recalling all my high school meltdowns.

Gaengy said...

Glad you still update the blog so I can follow what is really going on! Once again you don't disappoint with the entertainment factor!

Chelsi Lasater said...

that hispanic boy has repeated the story to his friends numerous times now. you made his LIFE!

Hali said...

Hmmm... twice in one day you've confessed your undying (and non-lesbian tendencies) for famous females. He he he...Yikes!

PS... Reba or George? :-)

tara said...

the image of you and your ride partner, have plain made my day.

Mike and Brooke said...

Tori Amos blows. And here's why:

1. All her songs sound the same. (This is a fact.)

2. Anytime you ever see her on TV these days she's trying to get you to buy a dog with aids.

3. I hate hippy music.

4. Seeing her in concert would be like watching the movie The American President twice in the same weekend.

Eleyna Julia said...

Thanks for sharing your special moment on Jetstar 2 with Jose. Your posts always make me laugh!

Clegg Family said...

You, Katie Jo, Jason Sanders & Tori Amos?? I can think of no better combination for a hilarious night out on the town! I'm so jealous. :)

Whitney said...

i'm a little hurt that a visit from whitney russler from wyomin didn't make this list....ouch....

Natalie Que said...

Some extremely good stuff here. Maybe the best part was thinking of you at any sort of country music event, let alone a GEORGE STRAIGHT concert. Hilarious.

The other best part was how this reminded me of my last trip to Lagoon 2 years ago {SAD!, I missed last year AND this year. Boooo}.

The people-watching that day was especially good. While in line for that water slide roller coaster that is not in Laguna Beach {see how sad this is, I'm even forgetting the names of the rides!} there was a 4-some in front of me, 2 older-adolescent, extremely horny couples. They were so nasty. Both girls were dressed in Camo Daisy duke shorts and camo bras, one being very heavy-set. The chunky girl starts making out with her boyfriend, nearly hitting 3rd base, and her friend just watches. Then the friend picks a flower and starts rubbing it on the kissing girl's face and neck while she's still mid-makeout with her boyfriend {or some guy she met that morning in line for the tilt-a-whirl}.


I was alone with Laine, which was a shame, I really needed someone to see that this was for real and have their mind blown like mine was. Oh, I'll never get that image out of my mind. And that's why I love Lagoon.

Did you eat a funnel cake for me??