Friday, July 17, 2009

Buffalo Bills....the stuff dreams are made of

Sorry it took me so long to get this post up, but who has time to blog when there's so manyMichael Jackson specials to watched. I'm dead serious. I become obsessed with things like this even if I don't even care about the person....but when it's someone I really like (like MJ) it's off the charts, borderline ridiculous. I have even been combing through the dish daily to see if anything needs to be recorded while I am at work, I have watched everything youtube has to offer, I have read every magazine, every news story, watched every E special...I know I speak for all of us when I say I wish I was kidding....I'm not. I will now hang my head in shame.

Anyways, moving on. I just returned from an exciting weekend in Primm with the family....for those that don't know Primm is located 30 min away from Vegas.....one word, CLASSY. It's the half way point for us Utahan's to rendezvous with those from California. Originally it was supposed to be the entire family, but due to this and that it only wound up being my parents and Kristine and Jordan and I, you know the 5 Amigos, but we had a great time. Friday night started off to a bang when we realized that Buffalo Bills was hosting the "Snoop Dawg" concert that night. It's always nice to be sharing the hotel with Gangsta's Paradise, 80 year old grandmas and the "Gang Unit" from the LVPD. Seriously, this was a sight to be seen. On several occasions I thought I saw Snoop, and I'm not the only one. Jordan was convinced he was behind us in line while we were at McDonald's, sadly it was just one of the many, MANY lookalikes sharing the weekend with us. To be honest I was kind of surprised that Snoop was playing in Primm, but even more shocking was the fact that all of these people knew that Snoop was playing there and would actually travel to see him, but I'm not here to judge. Sadly, most of the Snoop crew left on Saturday, but the hot boxing in the elevator was fun while it lasted.
The rest of the trip was spent eating, shopping, watching MJ speculations and tributes and sitting poolside...aka my dream life. Oh, excuse me, how could I forget the Bonnie and Clyde exhibit next door....pardon me. As always the trip was also filled with hours and hours of laughing. That's something that my family is really good at, we laugh a lot together and genuinely enjoy being with each other which I feel really grateful for. On Monday after checking out we were walking to the parking lot and all the sudden my Dad noticed that all his windows in his truck were extremely smokey. So he runs over....and sure enough it was on fire. The previous day my Mom had set a brand new silver bowl filled with cute IKEA napkins on the seat and somehow due to the heat they caught on fire. I have never heard of this happening, but see for yourself. It's always nice to end the trip on a high....Thank you family for the great trip! And seriously "Keith Sweat" and "Montel Jordan" are coming to Primm next month....please let me know if your calendar clears up and you can make it, I'll see if Buffalo Bills offers any good bounce-back rates...

6 comments:

Gaengy said...

Katie, once again...thanks for the laugh...I needed one, because seriously every time I go near the truck and smell the reek, I feel terrible that dads new truck is ruined. We did have a great time so we can focus on that!

Timothy and Nicole said...

Unbelievable about the fire... science wasn't my strongest subject. But that's nuts SERIOUSLY. Snoop Dog I can't believe I missed the tour stop in Prim. My calendars free for the montel jordan or whatever it was I am there:)

Zaq said...

you seen this yet?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/80374/saturday-night-live-neverland#s-p1-sr-i0

Unknown said...

oh yes. i love to picture the gildea gang together. and the funny thing is, is that the other day todd's sister was telling me about her friend that has become ridiculously obsessed with the michael jackson thing, and i thought of you and how that would be something you would get into, and then i rea this. hilarious. shakes?

Natalie Que said...

Glad {and sorry} to see I'm not the only one suffering from the Global Comment Crisis. Where the eich is everyone?? Yeah, I know, I know, I don't leave comments anymore {I have a life} but that doesn't mean you can't comment on my greatness!

Anyway, back down off the soapbox, *so* sad to miss the trip, of course outings with the fam are full of their share of laughs and fun. And you throw the Dogg into the mix and then it's just off the charts. Maybe it is time to move home. Way funny stuff here.

tara said...

i too, have become obsessed with the life of mj...thank you to E! and Wikipedia for my full education...glad we're on the same page. let's throw our own little memorial shall we? I'm thinking a little thriller dance to start it off..