Friday, August 21, 2009

Bionic Booty

So last night I got home from Bear Lake to find the "Buns of Steel" circa 1980's VHS sitting in my room.....um Lisa....what's this. She explained that she had borrowed it from her sister in hopes of getting a better butt. If you can't beat em....join em. So if you needed me last night around 10:30 at night, sorry I was busy. Busy as Lisa and I were turning our Buns to Steel. It's a little crammed with the 2 of us in my room so we had to take turns moving from the bed to the floor. It was a sight to be seen. Laugh as you must right now, but when I have a Bionic Booty next year....who's gonna be the one laughing?

In case you have never seen the video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ou6_HKVZ_Y&feature=related#watch-main-area (and yes, please imagine those people to be Lisa and I)

8 comments:

Kristine L. said...

I totally remember these videos of Mom's being in our basement at one point...

Now you have me wishing I would have stolen them before we moved.

Gaengy said...

And now I wish I had not thrown them away when we moved! Can't wait to see those awesome buns soon!

Englishfam said...

I seriously bought this exact VHS tape on amazon like 6 months ago, no lie!! haha I did it in junior high for Ms. Hardy's class (remember her?) and she would make us do the whole workout without stopping before the semester was over. Good times. I am in love with Greg Smithey the instructor--the headband does it for me! :)

Ashleigh said...

I need a little more props for this e-bay purchase from 2 years ago. And yes, Heather it was inspired from 8th grade PE (Mrs. Hardy). It will work I promise, but the breaks of moving up and down the bed isn't going to make it happen. You can't take a 1 second break . . .

My fav part . . . "burn those cheeseburgers right out of your butt" . . . enjoy, but I will need that back soon.

Julie Knowlton said...

Please post a picture of your buns of steel.

Whitney said...

haha this vision of you and lisa doing buns of steel is the best thing i have heard in a long time! remember turbo jam? need i say more about you and your workout videos?

Stacey said...

Since 1994 if anyone say's "Buns of Steels" to me I think "the Gildea's!

Natalie Que said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize at the time what solid gold we had sitting there right in front of us. We took it so for granted.