Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's still in....

After several discussions the verdict is in....apparently blogging is still in. Anyways, I have a couple stories to share:

A couple weeks ago I was able to head back up to Logan for a wedding of my cute little friend Enz. True to "Mormon Wedding Code", she over invited so there wasn't enough chairs to sit in. So, my friends Stacie, Erin and I went ahead and shared the 2 chairs left. Naturally, we were sitting really close and I had my arms around them to keep us from falling on the floor. After the wedding, a stranger (seriously never met this man before) comes up to me and says, "The way you were holding on to those girls in there I could really tell that you really really want to get married. Don't worry.....it's going to happen for you someday." Um....thanks. There's nothing like getting pitty looks and pep talks from complete strangers to lift my poor, sad, depressing, pathetic single spirit. I don't tell you this story to get sympathy, mostly to remind myself when I am older not to do this to us single folks. But the silver lining....this man DID have a single son at the wedding. He pointed him out to me, sadly I had to run and "find my purse" and "I got lost" and had to use "a different exit". I'm sure he and I would have been really happy together. Damn.
In other news, I made my annual trip to Raging Water's this past weekend. It was everything I could have wanted out of my Saturday afternoon in West Valley. A couple highlights from the trip:
*Our cute special needs friend Marcos came along with us, priceless! We did accidentally have him go last on the water slide....which we had to coax him down for about 5 minutes. Sadly, it was Marco's first and only trip down the slides. Sorry we ruined it for ya bud.
*Ashley and I got in a fight with a group of about 20 teenage Polynesian boys in the wave pool. We talked a good talk, but let's just say we couldn't walk the walk. They won this round, but only because in the middle of the wave pool they came up from behind us and tipped the tube which resulted in me nearly drowning and me kicking Ashley in the jaw. We made a hasty exit.
*My debit card was stolen and used. Seriously....am I not one with the universe? I'm the only one that got stolen from....shocking. But, it was nice to fill out my 3rd police report of the year. I swear I am totally going for the Gold Medal, watch out Michael Phelps.
*Don't worry, I was ablt to escape without a mamogram or losing my bottoms. All in all....perfect.
And lastly....this week for my ward we did a little service project where we shuttled refugee's to their new charter school. What an experience, I seriously fell in love with these kids. I love refugee's. Honestly, they don't know me, and they just hand me 3 kids under 10 and just tell me to bring them back. We had quite the time. I rolled down all the windows, rolled down the sunroof and off we went with the music blasting into the sunset. They spoke very little English, but with rap music it's more about the beat...right? I taught them some American Dance moves and all they kept doing is laughing and telling me I was crazy. We took them and showed them where their classes were, oddly the teachers kept thinking since I brought them that I was the interpreter....sorry lady I speak ZERO Nepalese. But, we did the best we could with drawings, pointing, shaking heads and lots of smiles and thumbs up. Don't worry, I took them home at the end of the night....even though I kind of wanted to keep them....

10 comments:

Mel said...

Katie I love your stories seriously keep writing all day it's so fun to read.

I love that you were in charge of those kids to get them there. You would be perfect at that! They are SO cute!

Unknown said...

release the hounds.

storms a brewing.

how are you so freaking funny ? i can never get enough of you. thanks again for all of your help the other night.

a mammogram. o.

Kristine L. said...

It's true. Blogging is still in... or at least I am fighting for it to be! Glad to see your support sis.

You never told us that story about the temple! That's hilarious!

Hali said...

The verdict is in... Kate is still funny :-).

If it makes you feel any better, I filed 3, yes 3, police reports with Orem city in a matter 3 months :-).

Timothy and Nicole said...

I can't believe your luck. CRAPY! LOVED all the stories. I can't believe the kid tipped you over, and kicked your friend. If I would have only been there... I could've used some of my Gang training. LOL

Clegg Family said...

I was really hoping this summer wouldn't end without a Raging Waters update like last year...although can you really top loosing your swim shorts? Again, classic.

Stacey said...

This is not on the subject but, I LOVE TORI AMOS TOO! People just do get it do they!! I've been to 2 of her concerts here, and I own all her cd's. She is so amazing on the piano it's ridiculous!

p.s. Raging Water is Awesome!

Whitney said...

still laughing, seriously what is wrong with you and the universe? good thing you got to keep your bottoms...
i miss you so much! come to hobsons! haha, that joke just never gets old

Natalie Que said...

Those kids are so adorable, you should adopt them. After seeing you with my kids, you're a natural.

Ok, what is with that guy, I can't even believe someone would have the cajonies to come give you an assessment like that. What are people thinking? So funny.

Awe, raging waters. Sad! Wish I could be there!

Tabbi said...

What are these Nepalese kids doing in SLC? Yes, it IS all about the beat. You should put on some MJ next time. 'beat it' and 'thriller' are big hits with my kids in Taiwan, I bet those Nepali boys could sing along as well.