Friday, April 10, 2009

Sometimes You Wanna Go....

Where everybody knows your name...if you know it, sing along.

Anyways, I'm a soda fan. Everyone knows it, I am a HUGE Diet Coke fan. I have been drinking it for years, but I will admit the older I get, the worse the addiction. I have always been worried about turning into "one of those people" you know, the "regulars" at the convenience store. I never want them to recognize me, I never want them to memorize what I get, my pride won't let me. Well, that was the old me...I have turned over a new leaf since moving to Salt Lake. That's when I discovered the Tesoro Station. Always clean, delicious Diet Coke, nice cashiers...what more could you ask for. Oh I know, 79 cent fountain drinks for "March Madness" (even though this special is still going). It has really taken the addiction to a new level. I started with a 32 oz....moved to the 44 oz....but with prices like that I have been known to pick up the 64 oz on occasion (I do get embarrassed a little when that happens). For convenience I have started to just grab the fountain on my way to work, I know, totally trashy. The morning crew doesn't really rotate, same people day after day. They never act like the know who I am though (which I appreciate)....until today....

On my lunch break I swung down to the Tesoro Station where the morning crew was still there. As I'm checking out the cashier says to me, "You are in here a little later than usual." Me....I'm caught (deer in headlights). We both just laughed....and then I left

So apparently I'm "one of those people" And to be honest, it's not so bad....

14 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

I feel good about being the first to comment here. I LOVE you. I love you for expressing my thoughts EXACTLY. Sometimes when I go to crest on my way to work I almost feel like an idiot saying the same, "32 oz. ddp." Cause i want to be like...DUH...you know. I'm here every day. Also...nothing makes my day better than a AM text verifying your dc for breakfast. please keep that coming...

Lisa said...

i think it's completely unfair that you've neglected to educate your readers on the fact that you also avidly drink a fridge pack, for home convenience sake...with the help of me of course!

Gaengy said...

you and dad...what can i say? it feels good to give up my addiction. i never was a huge soda fan, but turned into one moving here. i gave it up jan 1st!loved getting the caffine free diet while there on my trip, and with the limes....yum...water is good though!

Ashleigh said...

They just put a lonely Sinclair in by my house . . . turns out diet coke with lime on tap, plus fresh lime and pebbled ice. It was an unfortunate find . . .

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

I'm glad to see the DC-ing hasn't changed since we lived together :) Also... tonight I had a woman at one of my tables (probably 40-ish with 2 young sons) who could NOT wait to get her DC with a lemon. She couldn't even order dinner until she got her DC... As long as you can make simple dinner decisions without the DC buzz, you're fine. Right? :) Loves

Randy said...

I don't drink coke, but I love TWILIGHT. I own it and watch it everyday. Don't you think Edward is hot?

Randy

Mel said...

There are a lot of those people I know! So funny they recognize you! My mom said you look fantastic! I need to see you!

Kendall Watkins said...

Oh my gosh, I am totally one of those gas station regulars. It is pretty pathetic because sometimes I make 2 trips in one day. I have really tried to cut back lately. I feel like I deserve a pat on the shoulder when I go with a 32 oz. instead of a 44 oz. It got to the point where the gas station attendants all knew me and one guy in particular was always giving me free stuff. We live right near a bunch of people in our ward and I always feel like I get the judgement eyes and they are thinking "wow she sure drinks a lot of diet coke, sinner". I love your story.

Whitney said...

oh my gosh i love that you are "one of those people!" so i am one of those people now too but it's with caffeine free diet p. yeah, even lamer! but it's this chinese guy that always said, 'hi, hi" coupled with some head bobs and nods and that's about the extent of our conversations....also, i am with lisa, i think you left out the diet cokes at home...i lived with you once!

Clegg Family said...

Been there. Done that. Except mine is Diet Dr. Pepper. Yeah, I'm one of those people' too!

Katie Jo said...

Girl after my own heart. I'm not here to judge.

Unknown said...

oh yes,
glitter you are a true treat! i am working a grave and was just about to cry, when i realized i hadn't read your blog in a while.... i just spent the last who knows how long laughing and reading. i laughed audibly about your "dipshipt" story. i really owe you.

and i had that bottle of coke you were swigging on after annie's bday party in my kitchen forever. everytime i saw it, i thought of you throwin' it back and couldn't bring myself to throw it out.

Unknown said...

oh, ha, i didn't mean to edit dipshit by writing dipshipt, but i guess that's fun too.

Natalie Que said...

Not to get all preachy on your a$$, but my fridge never gives me guilt trips when I go refil my water. I'm just sayin.

Yes, we water people do look down on 'you people'. Not a lot. Just a little. But we'd never let you know it.