Thursday, March 5, 2009

Celebrity Look Alike...

My whole life I have wanted to be a celebrity, I know, what else is new. Please someone make me into a celebrity....Also my whole life, I have wanted to look like someone famous. Which let's face the music, I don't. But just yesterday I was talking to some potential students and he said, "Has anyone told you that you look just like that lady from MAD TV?" Yes, yes they have. For years people have told me that I look like Nicole Sullivan which I have always hated because I don't really find her attractive (nothing could be worse that Kathy Griffin though...) But now that I look at her I don't think she's so bad, probably because I kind of think I do in fact look like her. I thought you she looked prettiest in this prego pic so go with it ok?



Then last year, I was at the DR and he was convinced I looked like someone. So instead of talking about my adult onset asthma (I know, I know, totally embarrassing asthma and bunions?) we spent a good 40 minutes sitting there on the Internet trying to figure out who I looked at. Amanda Bynes it is. Once again, always thought she was super annoying and not very attractive, but this girl has come a long way. And once again, maybe I am just telling myself this because I can kind of see it, but I would love to look like you Amanda,. So I figured, that's it? Just these 2? I am 26 years old and these are the only 2 people I have ever looked like? So I was expressing this concern to some girlfriends when my friend Annie (who meant this in the NICEST way) says to me. "No you know what you look like Kate? A Cabbage Patch doll."
So, luckily now, we do have a third option. At first I was laughing so hard I could hardly stand it and once again I started thinking about the similarities. Here's what I have come up with,
-Round face, check!
-Big cheeks, check!
-Round eyes, like perfect circles, check!
-Small teeth, you know like little corn kernels, check
-Small butt, check!
-Bigger mid-section, check!
-Yarn hair, sorry no!
Although this is not totally what I was looking for, it's just nice to have another option...

11 comments:

Lisa said...

watch requiem for a dream and then tell me how i'm supposed to feel about apparently looking like jennifer connolley.

Gaengy said...

Well at least no one has mentioned Madonna which is what I get...I would take cabbage patch girl over her any day! Funny post though...thanks again for the laughs!!

Mel said...

You are HILARIOUS! I actually think you look like Amanda. She's so cute and so is the girl up top! You are one of a kind and gorgeous by the way. I wish you were a celebrity!

Julie Knowlton said...

Um, Branigan has a crush on Amanda Bynes. So....there you go.

Englishfam said...

Have you ever done my celebrity look a likes on myheritage.com? It is so fun, you put a picture of yourself on there and it comes up with a bunch of celebrities you most look like. Mine were Candace Cameron and Rachel Bilson?? So funny, I don't look like either of them. People tell me Kiersten Dunst and I don't think she is cute either, so what do you do? I do think Amanda Bynes is really pretty so that would be a compliment to me!

Chelsi Lasater said...

shut up. you're gorge!

AnneMarie said...

You are stunninng Katie!!! And you don't look like any of those girls/dolls in my opinion, you're way better!! People always say I look like Gina Davis (which I see and take as a compliment) and Sandra Bullock (which I totally DON'T see and do not take as a compliment!)

Stacey said...

I can see you looking like Amanda and Nicole from MAD. I'm a fan of Nicole's I think she's funny as hell. I would so hang out with her so that makes you cool too. So you should be proud. And if your sis Natalie reads this tell her she is exactly like Elliot on Scrubs. She probably gets that a lot. I can't watch that without thinking of her every time, they have the same quorky personality that just makes you want to be there friend.

Whitney said...

i can't stop laughing! you do in fact sort of resemble a cabbage patch doll! but i LOVED mine, and i lOVE you! also, amanda bines has come a long way. and she has huge hoots now, fake, but huge and i think you two have that in common also. as for the first woman, she's pretty, but not as pretty as you!

Natalie Que said...

Now that you mention it, you DO look like Nicole S! I always thought she was cute, and hell, at least she's not annoying! She's actually hecka funny, like you.

Not seeing Amanda Bynes at all. She is WAY beyond annoying so that's a compliment.

I love the cabbage leaf you are sitting on as a cabbage patch. As if you were freshly growed.

Mom, yes, you do look like Madonna. Don't try to deny it.

As for myself, I used to get a lot of Minnie Driver -who the ayche knows where that came from. For the last 2 years though it's been strictly ScarJo, and I get it all the time.

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

Hands down! You look like the girl from high school musical - or she looks like you. I've never had that dilema - buts its fun to think about. Maybe I'll look Michelle from season 6 Biggest loser...Her skinny self ;) JL Thompson