Monday, February 2, 2009

Have A Wronged You?

You know how they say, "Kharma's a Bitch?" I know. Obviously I must have done something to someone that I am getting paid back for. I would LOVE to fix this, will you please tell me who you are...and what I have done to you....I can't afford to pay back anymore.

On Saturday I woke up and was hanging out in my underoo's drinking my morning Diet Coke when the door bell rang. I scampered off to my room hearing my neighbor ask the dreaded question, does anyone own that VW Passat across the street. Oh...shit...I do. That's never a good question, obviously something was wrong. I knew my neighbor wasn't just thinking, that's a cute Passat, I wonder who owns it? So, I head outside to see this...
Yeah, what you are seeing here is what happens to glass when it's struck with an object such as a baseball bat. I am going to go 50/50 here with the robber though. They were after what looks like a purse, which was in fact my scripture bag. The very same scripture bag that had already been gone through in the previous robbery:
The little yellow ditty right there. I would have loved to have seen the look on their faces when they open up the purse to find a quad, some lip gloss, some gum and a Gospel Essentials lesson manual. I just wish I would have known, I would have saved them the trouble and taken them down to the distribution center, I believe I paid $3.95 for the manual. They weren't really interested in keeping the bag or anything, I was able to find my stuff strewn throughout the neighborhood, kind of like a mini scavenger hunt. We were able to get everything back, except, brace yourself....the Orbit gum....
Naturally I was back on the phone with the SLPD (Salt Lake Police Department) and let me just tell you, that's 5 minutes of my life I can't get back. It ended up with them telling me that they wouldn't be sending anyone out, and to let them know if I saw anything suspicious. Gee, thanks for the tip you worthless idiots. I mean, can you just humor me for a moment and come out and and take some pictures....have me sign something....anything. Anything to show me that you are actually earning the salary that is being withheld from my paycheck every month. I just wish they had sent the lady cop to tell me I was SOL again, I loved that. It's just nice to see that they are really wanting to take a bite out of crime, thanks SLPD.
Luckily they robbed 3 cars on Friday night so no this was not a hate crime. For some reason it made me feel better.
I took it into the shop on Saturday to get it fixed and I felt so white trash even driving it there. It looks like I either live in the ghetto, or I have some crazy x-boyfriend that paid me a visit. I didn't even bother calling Met Life on this one, I just decided to pay out of pocket. I can't afford to lose my auto insurance too.
So after $170 in window repairs I was on my way. However, I got a little bit of a flat on the way home so I stopped at Maverick to pump up the tire. I was just bending over to test my tire pressure when I heard this guy in an Escalade whistle at me. I stood up, gave him a look of death and had my hand ready to give the bird (sorry Mom) when he got out and asked if he could help me. Usually I would have said no, but sure why not. So out hops this little scrawny 20 year old boy to help me with the tires. His friends also got out to watch, these friends included a 5' tall Thai man (maybe around 28) in gangster clothes, a 45 year old homeless looking crippled man on a cane, a 22 year old Hispanic pregnant girl and a 40 year old white lady. I know quite the crew. We all just stood there, the only conversation we had was when the Thai thug said, "Nice car" and I said, "Thanks....you drive an Escalade." I did tell the tire man about the bad day I was having and he said that he was willing to help me with that situation too. So, I guess this is a warning to whoever keeps stealing from me...do you want that weird mix of people showing up at your door? Watch yourself.
I don't live in a scary neighborhood, my friend Dave explained that "Ghetto don't steal from Ghetto." They come from his neighborhood, and come steal from my neighborhood. So, does anyone have some vacancies in West Valley....I need to move to the Ghetto....

27 comments:

Mel said...

Katie you are kidding me right?????????????? I cannot believe this happened to you AGAIN! That truly sucks! You would think you lived in West Valley! Sounds like you need that group of people on your side!

::David and Erin:: said...

What. The. Hell? You are cursed girl! I would move out of your apartment post haste and make for the ghetto of all ghettos to avoid further life complications. $1000 bucks says it was the same d-bags who stole your roommate's car. Did she ever get it back?

Jenny G said...

Seriously? I'm so sorry. Maybe Bruce has something for you:)

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh my gosh Katie!! That is crazy! Maybe you should have never moved from Happy Valley, you aren't in Orem anymore Katie!

Whitney said...

what the? seriously? seriously..? i am SO sorry! friend, what the heck did you do to somebody? well i know what it is...you keep cheeking somebody and it comes back around to you in the form of robbery since you keep robbing men of their passions!

Kristine L. said...

Oh man... Too crazy. I didn't know about your posse... you left that out of the story.

I am sorry. Maybe you should get out and serve more to get good karma coming your way. Just jokes...

And I agree with Jenny, maybe Bruce has something in the area you are looking at?

Gaengy said...

Bruce does have some dishes up for grabs so if your dishes disappear, or if Teen needs some, he has some good ones! Sorry about the attack on the car. Sorry the police were not there to help you, there has to be a light at the end of the rainbow though, at least thats what they say on Reno 911~

Muncher Cruncher said...

KATE! oh my freaking heck girl. All I can say is this wouldn't have been a problem if you were driving a jetta...but since you drive a passat and all..
Seriously though. I'm so sorry! I loved seeing you on friday!

Chelsi Lasater said...

for the LOVE! They are just beggin for it. I am so sorry!!! It is NOT karma...you are the nicest girl ever! Maybe you should hire a tongan as a security guard or something. I bet he'd do it for free if he could grab your ass once in a while!!

paige and jord said...

shoot kate. when it rains, it effin poors. im so sorry!

Lisa said...

it's just sad that you'll also have to replace yet another pack of orbit gum. i can pitch in if you'd like. we've got to move away from compton.

Steph said...

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't realize you'd moved to New York???

Seriously...I can't believe this! Call me naive, but I had no idea people from Salt Lake were so hateful! You poor thing --- maybe you should book another cruise. :)

Ashleigh said...

I keep saying this to Lisa and I cannot be any cleared and so here it is to you . . . MOVE!!! You really, really could find a better living situation for close to the same money (less robbery and broken window costs), without the hassle of the damn freeway construction and the confusion of the 1-15 interchange (well for Lisa anyway). I know you're not in the total Ghett-o, but you're kind of in the Ghetto.

Plus just a uplifter . . . I'm sure with the increase of taxes that Obama has purposed you'll see an immediate and impressive improvement in our lawforce. I have absolutely no doubt, that's why I don't mind paying more taxes.

Ashlee said...

Only you can make a horrible situation absolutely funny.

Hali said...

Dude... we can't be friends if this crap is going to keep happening! LAME!!! But, yes, I concur...only Kate could make such tales hysterical. Glad you're ok. I have a bat. And pepperspray. You're welcome to both ;-).

pop pop said...

I can't believe you were worried what Mom would think about the language, and not Mom and Dad. What must my friends think.

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

Kate I don't know why God hates you right now but I'll put in a good word for you. I know it'll come back ten-fold. By this time next year you'll be driving cars with gold plated windows. In the meantime I need you to do me a favor: call MTV or Lifetime or VH1 or any channel that celebrates "reality" TV. They need to be documenting your life. These are the kind of trials that raise celebrities, afterall.

Whitney and Alex said...

let me be on your list.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

oh my gosh I am sorry but the way you wrote that just had me laughing. You know how you are going to get all this money back right? You are going to write a book about all these things and make millions! Seriously!

Benita said...

oh man katie i am so so sorry. but i can't tell you how much i love the way you write about these little.. and by little i mean HUGE mishaps. this is so awful, but i'm glad that they didn't get away with much this time!

Unknown said...

hey glitter,
this is ashli. with an i. i noticed there are a few of us on the comment board. luckily, we all spell it different.

i can't believe this! neither could todd. the funny thing is, is that he read it first. and as we were riding our bikes home one day he told me the whole thing. word for word. verbatim. finising with "katie is so damn funny!" so.

we miss you... come over... taco soup??
ashli

Natalie Que said...

Totally sucks -might be time to move? We've got a sweet guest suite in Oz all warmed up for ya. PS -if people don't know what the accronym 'SLPD' means and need some decoding, they probably ought not read this blog. Just a helpful observation.

Sorry again, but glad you've got a posse who will be looking out for you!

Clegg Family said...

That is unbelievable, Kate! We have an open basement if you'd like to come hang out...we could drink our morning Diet Cokes together! :)

Elijah Sign said...

I'm sorry about that, that really sucks.. uhmm anyways.. you don't know me, but i was just wondering.. why is your blog called "singleton living"? lol, thats my last name, and i was just curious.

Ann said...

It's true. Ghetto don't steal from ghetto. When I lived in the burbs of Baltimore, people broke into my car. Moving into the city worked like a charm.

Jentry said...

Wow! This is so amamzing. I think I'm going to start sleeping in your yard in an oversized cracker jack box..when these hoodlums come for more, I pop out of the box with some weapons of mass distruction and KABLAM! Thoughts?

Eleyna Julia said...

I'm pretty much speechless...what is that saying about lightening not striking the same place twice? Guess the normal laws of nature just don't apply to you Kate.

Seriously, though, that sucks. So sorry!