Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweet Baby Boa

This is how I felt about the note I came home to last night. On a side note is it just me or have the bags under my eyes gotten a little out of control. Man, they are sure indented and dark...ew...anyways back to the story.
Lost Snake
$20 Reward
Jenn or Trevor
Red Tail Boa
Baby!

Is it just me or is ignorance bliss? I don't want to even know that your sweet little baby boa has gotten out of its cage and slithered to heaven only knows where. Is it in my house? I live only 3 doors down...is it in my shoes, bed, closet, purse, cereal box...where could she be? These people have no idea who they are dealing with. Like if I see this "sweet baby boa" am I really going to say, "Oh there you are you cute little red tail. I have been looking everywhere for you. Let me go fetch a mason jar and you slither that cute little body in and I will take you home. By the way, have I ever mentioned how that red tail really compliments that cute little pink tongue?"

Yeah, Jenn and Trevor, hate to break it to you but if I find that little thing slithering around I will probably do what my Great Grandma Lila told me to do. Just chop it to pieces with a shovel. If it works for her it works for me. But good luck trying to find that little red tail. What a cutie. These people have no idea what they are doing with. If I do find that little thing, expect to see a bill for some serious therapy (and not from Michael at the massage school, he specializes in personality profiling only.)
-This fear is a family trait...and my sister Nat just had an experience with a creep, check it out at benatriley.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Kristine L. said...

Yikes. I am scared for you. As a result, my feet are now safely up on my computer just in case the snake or one of its relatives made it under my desk. I recommend keeping that shovel with you at all times. And don't go to the backyard... that place would be a deathtrap for you and a goldmine for all of the snakes waiting for you. Snakes are the devil.

AnneMarie said...

Why do people feel the need to have these as pets? I think it's a mental condition. I kind of hope you find it 'cause it would be such a great story, and I LOVE your stories!

Gaengy said...

Oh my! My heart rate is up. I will not rest until the snake and lizard are found. Maybe Gabbie will come give you a hand with catching it! Keep me posted!

Jeff & Chels said...

Sick. I'm with Great Grams on this one. My skin crawls thinking about it. Way to go Jenn and Trev!

Muncher Cruncher said...

AWFUL. I seriously hate anything creepy crawly like that. 1st of all who has a pet snake? Don't people realize we aren't in the amazon. I hope you NEVER find it.

Muncher Cruncher said...

also...good to see photoshop express has made the link list. It really is awesome for being free...let me know when you want that tutorial!

Mel said...

Yeah that's a little freaky! Who would pencil write a note like that? Couldn't they atleast type it?

The Andersen's said...

Ha ha I was laughing so hard about if you found it saying oh there you are let me go get a jar! Kate you are just way too funny... also that is disgusting why do people feel a need to have them as pets? Dont they know that they are gross?

Natalie Que said...

LOL! That is hilarious... and scary! When we moved down here I was terrified of not just snakes but the DEADLY sort that habitate this continent. I was assured, however, by our nieghbors who have lived here in the hood for 23 years that they have never seen one. Today my other neighbor came over to tell me to watch out 'for the deadly buggers' since the construction behind our house will probably stir them out of their nests.

On a positive note, he did say if you are seeing lizards {I am} that maybe I won't see any deadly snakes {just deadly spiders...} because snakes and lizards don't mix company.

So I guess if that blue-tongue stayed around the little fella Gabey really DID save the day!

Anyway, good luck with your little sweet baby boa! Sleep with one-eye open and tuck a shovel under your pillow!

Steph said...

Sick...Why do people feel the need to have lil' snakes as pets...let alone boas!!! AND then scare everyone by posting it's MISSING??? Some people!