Thursday, September 4, 2008

Raging Waters Update...

So I debated on not posting about this because I thought it had lost its humor, but I am still laughing about it so I figured what the heck. On Saturday a group of friends and I decided to send summer off with a bang by attending one of the very last days at Raging Waters. I have not been to a water park (minus Lagoona Beach...love it) for quite some time and I must say it beats you up a lot more than I remember. Like, as I child I don't remember having to take Tylenol the next day because you are so sore you feel like you can not move. But, I must say it was well worth it.

We had 5 grown adults that attended the festivities...no children as usual. We decided to get there nice and early, you know beat the crowd. We were there right at 10 for the door busting. Here's some of the highlights of the trip:

-Katie Jo falling off her tube EVERY SINGLE TIME, and usually it would be during the last 5 seconds of the ride so I was able to watch it EVERY SINGLE TIME
-Katie Jo breaking 3 of her toes on one of the slides, but pushed forward and gimped around the park for the rest of the day
-Casey getting pushed down the slide so hard that he scratched up the top of his foot thanks to hitting the bottom of the 9 foot pool
-Lisa's goose egg on her head thanks to falling off the tube during the double tube (word to the wise, 2 adults don't work well on the double tubes at our age)
-All 5 of us are college grads with jobs and we were all too cheap to rent a tube so we went down the lazy river and did the wave pool 7 times without tubes
-Me jamming my bunion foot into a cement wall
-Lisa and I chickening out and almost had to get off the Toboggan ride because we got too scared
But one of my all time favorite parts of the day was this ride we called the magic carpet ride. Its one that has handles and you lay on your stomach and go head first. I was really hesitant about the ride seeing as how you go face first but after watching a few times Lisa and I decided to give it a whirl. Right before we start headed up I decided to double check with the 10 year old girl as she softly glided across the water to make sure we were safe. "Hey...little girl. Is this ride pretty scary...does it hurt...are we going to be alright." Oh yeah, sure thing, no worries she says. So we head up and I watch Lisa go down and it doesn't look quite like it did when the little Miss 10 went but there was no backing out at this point...was I really going to walk my booty back down? Heavens no. So....off I went. Now, to paint a diagram of what it looked like you started high...dip down....go up...dip down and into the water. I started going...and it is a lot faster than i thought. To the point that I literally catch air. Now, if you have ever seen me you will know this but if you had to guess what part of my body took the brunt of the impact I would tell you it was my boobs. Like, my entire body weight...bam. Then I still have one more dip and we have the same story. Minus the fact that I started to turn so I landed on only one boob the second time around. It's nice to know what I am up against when I decide to get the mammogram. Its nice to go through the process and not have to worry about getting the results. I would highly suggest doing it this way...much easier.

And apparently I weigh a little bit more than Miss 10 so there was no graceful finish to this horrific ride. As I am going Mach 90 down there with my eyes and mouth full of water I look up to see a line of around 50 people waiting in line. Now its hard to say if I saw the people before or after my swim bottoms were ripped off my body all the way off my entire butt because of how fast I hit the water...like I said its hard to say.

Here's some pictures of happier times....



But all in all I would say I would give my experience at Raging Waters an A+. Thank you Raging Waters...thank you.

11 comments:

Erin said...

(found your blog from Hot off the Garlic press) and just burst out laughing because the story is hilarious!

I don't do water parks. i did it when i was a kid, and got injured. I did it again when i was in college, and got my head smashed going down a water slide. so if anyone suggests a water park, i say, i'll stick with the lazy river. *whew*

did she really break all 3 toes? OUCH!

mare said...

hahaahha. i almost woke up my sleeping child from laughing like a fool. my favorite pic is the last one. oh casey. i would've paid big money to be there.

(as in, you know, like twenty bucks)

The Webber's said...

Katie -
Why do these things always happen to you? I was laughing my head off when I read about your exposed butt! Awesome! We went to 7 peak last week, but luckily I didn't have any mishaps! Thanks for the good laugh again - Don't worry! It didn't lose its humor!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Katie...LOVE it. I haven't been to Raging waters since i was in 5th grade, and I'm LOVING reliving the good old RW days through you. All I can remember is that some of the "slides" were more like cement slabs, and your swimsuit took a beating. So funny!

Natalie Que said...

Jealous!

I would gladly break some toes to spend all day at any water park, even Classic! I'm desperate to get my Water Park on. And I'm still going strong with the plan to go sans kids alone, just the two of us in the name of optimization next year -can't wait! Will be counting down the days.

Yeah, you're right, those suckers really do beat you up, but it's so worth it. And I have had that same ungraceful ride many a time. Last time I did Lagoon a Beach my suit gave me an atomic wedgie going down that super steep slide. In fact, the leg holes all but hooked themselves on my shoulders the ride was so fast. I gave everyone waiting and watching at the bottom a basic full frontal. Oops!

Kara and Mike Barber said...

So funny! I wish I would have been there. I love reading your blog, it always make me laugh out loud!

Chelsi Lasater said...

fun!! i think the injuries make it more memorable. there's a massage story for you on my blog. miss you. tell our mutuals hi for me.

::David and Erin:: said...

I had a season pass to Raging Waters when I was 11. It was so much fun back in the day, I decided to go back...in no way, shape or form did my experience 10 years later match my 11 year old exuberance. I dang near drowned in the wave pool, and I think I broke my tailbone in the process. However, in some mystical magic way I STILL had a boat-load of fun! There's just somethin' about that darn Ragin' Waters! Love the pics!

AnneMarie said...

I love you to death Katie!! You never fail to make me laugh out loud, which is somewhat difficult to do. Oh, and sorry that you all got so banged up, OUCH!

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

listen, up until this moment I've been a silent stalker of singleton living. i can be silent no more! bless you for posting this. fantastically hilarious.

Jessie K said...

Oh man that is some kind of funny happening right there! I am having a hard time typing this becuase of the tears in my eyes!!!