Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hola from Cabo!

Alright guys, I am sorry that I took such a long break from the blogging world. It's almost embarrassing to get back into it from such a long break. But, I hope I have not lost all my readers....come back to me please! I do have a good excuse though because I was on vacation. It was my parent's 30th anniversary (Happy Anniversary you crazy kids) so somehow I convinced my Dad that it was a good idea to bring the single kids with him. And boy was it a good idea! Sorry Dad that I tricked you into taking us by faking that I was having some bouts of depression because I got passed up for marriage by my little sister....it was all in good fun right? But alas, I would like to think that we had a great time. My parents took me and Hannah banana on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas and it was a blast. The trip started off with a bang, or a double sided compliment, when at the airport the guy took a look at the original drivers license. Yes I still have the original because during renewal time I was going on a mission so I thought there was no point in renewing. Anyways, that's a whole other story. So he took a look at it and said, "Man you look much better in real life." Yeah Mr. TSA I assume EVERYONE looks better in their 20's than they did at 16..... Anyways, there are LOTS of pictures so proceed with caution!

Here's Hannah and I checking into our room


Here's the happy couple at their Anniversary Dinner...


And the 2 daughters joining the couple at the anniversary dinner....


Here's the family miniature golf day. Don't be scared at how great I look on trips...this is typical

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of the trip. There was this EXTREMELY drunk 21 year old name Chris on our cruise who became a big fan of my mom. So, he was talking to her and dumped the entire tray on her lap. Then to apologize he decided to hug her and start licking inside her ear...totally appropriate. Then when my dad asked where his "wing man" was he said, "I am Christopher Bank son, I don't need a wing man." I beg to differ....

The happy quadrant on the boat over to Cabo. Sorry about the really weird cleavage here. I figured it was better to just point it out rather than having someone comment on it


A little snorkeling


Hannah and I boating in Cabo


Cabo left me feeling.....hot hot hot. Mandatory, please imagine me singing that with a steal drum and a braid please)


The ladies arriving in "beautiful" Ensanda Mexico. I love it when the call piece of crap ports beautiful. I am not saying we left empty handed by any means....

My father in "beautiful" Ensanda Mexico. For those that don't know my Dad you are missing out. He is hilarious. He chose this pose, no one told him what to do this was his own idea. And my Mom HATES his new birthday shirt I gave him. For those that don't watch Arrested Development, get with the times, and then you will really appreciate this shirt. Let me get you a close up:

I really think it speaks for itself

My very favorite Mexican's

I love this picture for a couple of reasons. One is that I NEVER think I look like my Mom and here I do. And second, this is what we looked like the whole time. Honestly, I think it was pretty rare to see my mom without an ice cream cone in hand. I would say it's safe to say she had around 4-6 a day (don't you dare try and deny it). Thirdly, I like that I am holding this ice cream cone and it is making me have a double chin.

Thanks Dad and Mom and Hannah for the great time. And sorry married sisters, but we will catch you on the next one! Bring on the Family Cruise December 2008!

23 comments:

Nicole said...

Mom and dad neglected to tell me the story of Christopher Banks. I don't understand why because that is hilarious. I love that dad asked him where his wingman was, that is hilarious. Yeah, Ensenada is crap. I would say for me it was more heart wrenching and a place that made me cry, than beautiful, but to each his own I guess.

Can't wait until December. I have some wicked awesome card games for us to play!

Gaengy said...

I am missing those frozen yougurt cones and yes I admit to eating 4-6 per day. Luckily it was the only dessert that was tempting! I am still swaying, hope this goes away soon. It was a really fun time!

Chelsey said...

Nice to have you back in the blogging world again. I'm so jealous of your vacation! We were going to go on a vacation then Jeff decided Lacik eye surgery for him would be the better choice. Alli and I are definitely getting the short end of that deal. Well, anyways, your trip looked like a blast, no Lake Powell 2004 though. And yes, you do look like your mom. Welcome back to the fold.

Englishfam said...

The Tenneys and Gildeas need to do a cruise together one of these times, wouldn't that be so fun?! Once again you had me laughing my head off. I think my alltime favorite is the picture of your dad posing. Work it Kevin, work it!! haha Also loved the weird cleavage shot, I so can relate. Glad you guys had fun, cruises are really the best.

Kendall Watkins said...

I love the "Hey Brother" shirt. Where did you get that? That is our favorite show. Ryan and I always say it to eachother and start cracking up. I would love to get him one. It looks like you had so much fun. I am definitely jealous!

AnneMarie said...

I am so jealous! It looks like a blast! I just wish you had a picture of Julie's face as her ear was being licked. I laugh just thinking about it! Oh yeah, I'm with Heather, "Work it Kevin!"

The Nortons said...

Kate-

Well believe it or not being in Peru convinced me that Eddie and I should get a blog. And by chance I found Cade and Ash's which then linked me to yours (the magic of the internet).

Anyways, I told you I would let you know if we ever got one so here it is.

kyleeandeddie.blogspot.com

love ya Kate!

Kristine L. said...

Um, sissy pants? Please don't try to say that going on a cruise was your idea. Cause it wasn't. I do believe that I came up with the idea LAST May and everyone knocked it down. And look who got knocked OFF of the invite list. Not fair.

I really hope that we can go on the cruise. Cross your fingers that my professors are nice and that we have money!

Kasi French said...

LOVE THIS! And thank you for the Office callout ~ ALWAYS APPRECIATED! Let's be friends!

Mel said...

Katie Hilarious! I would absolutely LOVE to go on a cruise with you. And I am thinking your Dad too. He is sooooooooooo funny. That pose had me doubled over. Love the cleavage, classic. Glad you are blogging again, I was wondering what happened to you!

Chelsi Lasater said...

i heart the christopher banks story! there's an old people store named christopher and banks...

Muncher Cruncher said...

I hope this is what our cruise is like...cause there WILL be a cruise...

kristen said...

Hey possible father uncle.... people who haven't seen every episode should really consider just not living anymore.

Anyway, usually when I type "LOL" (which is sort of rare due to my dislike of texting verbage)...I don't really mean it. I'm usually not actually laughing out loud. But when I read your blog, namely this post I literally can not contain myself. I may or may not have woken up a number of sleeping individuals in this house. You are beyond hilarious.

Thank you thank you.

Unknown said...

yes. you are back. can't wait to see you...

Ashlee said...

Looks like a fun trip.

SO I figured you were a an arrested development fan when I saw your mom sign in as gaengy. We are still trying to get Mac to call dREws mom that. No such luck but we are not giving up.

pop pop said...

Yes fun times. I like the drive a few hors, get on a boat, and stop in Mexico a few times thing. Mom is getting tired of it. It is nice to take a break.

Katie, I hope you will comment on the 350 lb Brittney Spears, and the two guys singing islands in the stream. I have never spent much time in karaoke, but there were some fun times on this ship. Not to mention that this is where we first met Chris. He was to drunk to sing, but not to drunk to try. But he did dance a lot. You shouyld have enough material for another blog from the cruise. Dad

mare said...

hooray I have arrived. congrats on the cabo trip-we went on that cruise last december (aka: been there done that) I hate myself. Rob probably ate 10-12 cones a day, he was so obsessed with 24/7 ice cream. I feel like I am that friend that always has to out-do the other right now...
anyway, just letting you know I am now tuned in to team glitter.

Clegg Family said...

To Kate,
Welcome Back. You have been missed.
Love, Your Blog Stalkers

Natalie Que said...

Yes, this only makes me more excited for December. Laine saw the pic of Mom and said, "Look, it's Grandma! She's in her space suit!"

Your bit about faking depression was hilarious. Nice tactic, I'll remember that one for later...

Whitney said...

i love how you "nicely" dissed your married sisters and played the depressed card to go to mexico! kate you are so pretty in these pictures, even with your burn you pull off a great face!

Kylee said...

Kate--love the asymmetrical look in the cleavage shot! Waht a fun trip! Shane loves Arrested Development. I have yet to finish an episode. We always seem to watch them when it's nearing my bedtime.

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

oh crap. 21 comments... you're famous. I'm glad you jedi-mind-tricked you parents into letting you and Hannah go! Cute pics!!!

The Nortons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.