Thursday, June 12, 2008

Drumb roll please....June's LIST OF THINGS THAT MUST GO!!!

I am not sure if this will become a monthly thing or not (I am worried that people will start to think I am a little on the bitchy side...thus thinking to themselves no wonder she is single) but I have been keeping a little notepad of things that have been really irritating me this month. So, here you have it folks, THINGS THAT MUST GO JUNE:

1-TIPPING. Ok, am I the ONLY one out there (besides my sister Natalie) that thinks that tipping has gotten out of control? Now don't get me wrong, I am an excellent tipper....when you have done something for me that deserves a tip. I'm sorry but at Cafe Rio (or pretty much anywhere else these days) where I have to stand in line and order my own food (and get yelled at for that matter...BLACK OR PINTO!!), get my own drinks, silverware, box my own food...what exactly have you done for me that deserves a tip? It kind of just seems like you have served me as much as they do at Wendy's. But you give me a crusty when I just sign the credit card slip and grab a handful of mints. Sorry, no tip for you mam.

2-THE UP SELL. Now I know this is required by corporate for you to do this but seriously, I am not stupid. Yes I saw that lip gloss, socks, whatever you are trying to get me to buy is on sale but I saw it....and I don't want it. You naming everything in the store is not going to have a light bulb go off in my head like, "oh yeah I should pick up a couple polo's since they are on sale 2 for $40." If I want it, I buy it, I have eyes, I saw, I don't want it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

3-THE GO GREEN MENTALITY: Wow, before everyone gets all crazy on me, let me explain. I know it's an inconvenient truth (sorry couldn't resist) that we have not done some pretty crappy things to the planet. I am all on board with this, let's fix the carbon footprint. You know what I don't like, is ol' Sam Walton jumping on this bandwagon by making shirts that say things like, "Hug me, I'm Green" and such. Sam, you are probably one of the biggest contributors to the problem, but thanks for making more money on these RIDICULOUS t-shirts.

4-REALITY SHOWS: Now once again, let me explain. I LOVE all the shows on MTV and VH1, Rock of Love, I Love NY, heck, I even LOVE Keeping up with the Kardashians. But I can't handle that Denise Richards has a show. She is a total moron. Please tell me you all saw the commercials for this ridiculous venture. You are a terrible person Denise, we don't need it plastered on our TV. The same thing goes for Living Lohan, Dina you are a real piece of work. I am glad that since Lindsay is such a hot mess you decided to do the same with Ali. That's some good parenting you've got there Dina. Parent of the year material. Come on E!

That's what I have for this month folks....but don't worry this notepad will be taking notes for July!

18 comments:

Shauna said...

have you lost your mind? i would WAY rather watch denise richards COMPLICATED life than I LOVE NY. thats the only thing on this post i disagree with though.

I hate GREEN LIVING. I hate it.

Karrissa Winward said...

Love the lists! Keep them coming!

Nicole said...

I am so with you on the tipping thing! Great list.

The Baker said...

amen! but i agree with shauna on the i love ny thing, and please tell me you draw the line at tila tequila!

justin and i are the same with the tipping thing. Even in restraunts where tehy have poeple serving you, they still need to do a good job if you want better than 10%. Maybe we are cheap, we have been accused of that....but come on servers should be at least nice to you.

Chelsey said...

Are you familiar with Dwight Schrute's tipping policy? He doesn't tip on anything he can't do himself. i.e. food service, hair cuts, etc. He does however tip his Urologist cause he is unable to pulverize his own kidney stones.

Gaengy said...

good list kate da do...I dont know much on the tv shows you talk about, but agree whole heartidly on the tipping!!!

Ashleigh said...

You know . . . Cameron Diaz turns off the shower while she shaves her legs (though I'm sure the jets and private planes she flies around are a tiny bit more harmful than my water running whilewash my face). If you were a little more open you could learn a few tips I'm sure.

I do disagree with the I love NY vs. Denise. I have Denise on my recording timer and I love her laugh. Though I only watch her while I'm working, it's 2 in the morning and I'm hoping to stay awake.

P.S. I got a wedding invite today that would make you pee your pants. And "hot mess" . . . recognize that from Chelsey.

Natalie Que said...

Yes, I agree, amen. Though I am not too up to date on my reality shows, the only thing I know about most of those is what I have seen on The Soup. It is annoying that they think we want to follow their stupid little lives around like puppy dogs and that we care about the stupid, scripted catastrophes they "get themselves" into.

Thanks for being a voice on the tipping, we need more people like you you can be a crusder against this crude practice. Megan and Justin, wow, you're shrewd. Sounds like you would be willing to join the fight as well.

AnneMarie said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto!

::David and Erin:: said...

I COMPLETELY concur!!! Living Lohan is the biggest hunk of you know what on TV. Should I get a tip for doing my job? And going green is a total misnomer (sp?)...green would be the stone age wouldn't it? No cars, no plastics, no celebrities jetting around the country, etc. Great list!!!

tara said...

A) love the list of things that must go..we've been doing this at work..and I might follow your example and start it as well B) COMPLETELY AGREE with you on the ridiculously lame fact that Denise aka "Playboy's favorite gal" has a reality show..I caught it the other night...and I threw up in my mouth..followed by the Lohan mess..THANK you for having such great things that MUST go! Ü

Unknown said...

yes. thank you for calling out the go green shirts from walmart and target.! ha, but i have to give it to them, that is genious. and you are so funny. i really love you!

Eleyna Julia said...

Sheesh Katie, I miss you! When are you gonna come visit me again? In the meantime, keep the lists coming-they brighten my day!

Ashlee said...

I agree. Just so you know I can't look at swimming suit bottoms the same.

Mel said...

Katie you guys have the best blogs!! I just got back and am checking in and just loved your last 2 posts. SO FUNNY!! The crotch smelling I have heard but written down just makes it for me. I cannot believe that happened. Where is Ashton? You could do a list every day and I would be laughing!! You are so funny!!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

Love that you used "Hot Mess." That is about the only fitting word you could use. Good work. I am 100% on board with you on Denise. She is a crazy train.

Whitney said...

AMEN, AMEN sister! i couldn't agree with you more on ALL of these things that must go. I hate the tipping thing when you didn't do a damn thing to earn it. maybe i should leave a little tip jar at my desk for all the times i help people around here. the "go green" phenomena is stupid. i hate it. they have NEVER been able to prove that humans caused global warming and since this has been the coldest spring in my life, damn global warming.
and dina sucks, who wants to watch how bad she does. i love you kate!

Zaq said...

She (Dina) really did receive the Mother of the Year Award from a mother's group in Florida.