Wednesday, April 2, 2008

ASHTON??

As you can see this is the best picture I could come up with in regards to my dear Ashton. Since it was April Fools Day yesterday I just assumed that my managers were going to pop out from behind the fridge and say, "Kate Gildea, you just got punked." And I would look over and see the kitchen remodel completely done. Let's just say that we have now reached the 6 week mark on the remodel. I wouldn't say it's anywhere near being done. While he was over last he seriously said, "I know this has been a little annoying for you guys, but I know the next tenants will have such a nicer kitchen." Seriously? Like I really give a rats behind about next years tenants advantage? Then 2 weeks ago he claimed was going to get it "pounded out" and it was going to be done by Friday. Well, I would like to document James progress on the house. Thanks for "pounding it out" James! Have you been nominated for manager of the year yet?Here's where they decided to rip out the oven and cupboards and drawers and put this range in. It's not exactly what I had in mind but I would say all in all it looks pretty nice. I like what you have done with the place. It's a little trashier than what I was used to but it will probably grow on me....

It's hard to really nail down my "favorite" party of the remodel but I would definately say this is up there. Yes, what you are seeing here is our plywood countertops. We were pretty careful with them in the beginning but now as you can see we are just using them like we would a normal counter. Anything from cooling racks of cookies to buttering toast. We have just used some Clorox wipes on it and it seems to be functioning just fine.
Apparently our door was leaking in too much cold air so it was costing them more in utilities so they decided to get a new door. I completely understand. What I don't understand is why you left it looking like this. I believe we are missing a doorframe here...and if it's not your house, please buy used. We don't mind a scratched used door.
I would say this ties for my "favorite" part of the remodel. They were doing construction on the cupboard where all this belongs so its now clear across the room on the floor....once again once you get used to it its not so bad.
I am really disappointed because I thought I documented the funniest part of the project but I didn't. James also ripped out the cupboard that had all my food and all the cooking products. So, he just decided to put it on my kitchen table. So all my food has been covering the ENTIRE kitchen table for the last month, I will say we have all mastered the art of eating on our laps. Lisa and I couldn't take it anymore and finally put it away on Sunday so sorry, no picture!
I look forward to the day when I don't have James, his kids, the counter man, the one legged electrician (true story, he had a wooden leg and he showed it to my roomate) and the rest of the entourage running around my house on a daily basis. However, truth be told, I will miss the sounds of strange men trapsing around my house when I get out of the shower. I just hate being home alone, a girl can always use some company right? Needless to say if you know anyone moving to the Logan area, please let me know. Have I got the manager for you! And once again James, thanks for "pounding it out!"

15 comments:

Jenny G said...

I'm so glad you started blogging. This is hilarious. I will stop complaining that we have a super noisy pump to fix the flood and no deadbolts on our doors. Not to mention the fact that there's not an outlet in the master bathroom. Our kitchen is remodeled and actually quite nice. Would you like to come for dinner :)

Nicole said...

I can't believe that it is still not fixed. That is crazy (and funny, only because I don't live there).

Kendall Watkins said...

This is so funny. I feel terrible for you. The Watkins all around are having a lot of construction done. You should give Shelley a call and vent! Seriously though, if this is effecting your living, you could always ask that he return some rent. Houses have to be up to code and this one doesn't look like it is. It would drive me crazy if I was paying rent and someone was taking over my house like that. Well, good look.

Gaengy said...

Who is Ashton? I am confused...oh my your description of the remodel did not do it justice...its so much worse than I imagined. I am amazed you are all keeping your sanity. You did have me laughing though. Sorry its so bad.

Kristine L. said...

Looks like loads of fun. YOu should demand a discount on your rent. And I had no idea that this was even happening. I am sorry!

Your best friend, Ashley said...

dear kate-
sorry to hear about the kitchen... if you ever need anything, like lasagna or a fresh lynn wilson burrito, come on over. just don't use our bathroom, which is leaking a substance that is the color of diet coke from the ceiling. I LOVE COLLEGE!
best,
ashley

Jacob R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob R said...

I'm so sad that I'm missing out on the awesome kitchen adventure. Remember when I used to live next door to you?

Yeah, that was fun...

jomamma said...

kate. maybe we could get extreme home makeover edition to come pound it out.. hahah or i am thinking maybe you and lisa should just test your skills and pound it out... i love it

Eleyna Julia said...

Katie! Hello! It's Emily Bennett. I found your blog on Amber Bodily's. Sounds like things are a little rough right now with the living situation...to put it mildly. Best of luck figuring all of that out!

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Gildea! Welcome to the blogging world! Now we can keep tabs on each other a bit better. :)

Love ya!

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Oh, and yes... I'm so sorry that you really didn't get punked by Ashton. At least that would explain the crappy remodel! :)

Chelsi Lasater said...

Kate, I heart you and your blog.

Natalie Que said...

Sorry about your lame manager, that's retarded. Are you moving to SLC this summer? Hopefully it will be done by then, but at this rate probably not unfortunately!

AnneMarie said...

Katie- you made me laugh out loud and repeatedly! I am so sorry for your remodel experiance (and you and Lisa really should ask for a rebate on your rent) except that it is hilarious! Come and eat out our house- it's not out of your way at all!