Thursday, September 29, 2011

This is my confession

I don't know if this is the forum for this....but I think it's time. 

My sweet little friend Whitney moved to China a few weeks ago....so naturally my office needed to have a PD-Day.  You know, professional development, aka "hang out and get to know each other during the work day"  You know what I'm saying?  How else would we send our girl off, but a trip to the fun park.  We did a round of lazertag and while waiting for our bowling lane, we decided to take advantage of the arcade.  Naturally, we got addicted to playing this game where you hit this button while it lights up a section and the section gets smaller and smaller as you go, and obviously the stakes get higher.  5...10...25...50....and jackpot.  The jackpot was sitting at over 1,200 tickets.  After spending a good 20 minutes and $10 on this game the majority of my office had wandered off, only to hear Whitney start to scream!

SHE HAD HIT THE JACKPOT!  And 1,200+ tickets started spewing out of the machine.  See, look at all those tickets!

I got so excited that I started jumping up and down and screaming.  I then ditched my round of skee ball and started running over to her, and something happened.  I don't know if it was the shock, the jealousy, the excitement, the blinking lights, but whatever it was, it forced me to pee my pants.  I'm talking full on.  How? Hey, I'm just as confused as you are. Obviously I didn't have a change of clothes and I knew if I told my office they would NEVER let me live it down.  So, I did what any 28 year old girl that just peed their pants would do.  I picked myself up by the boot straps, walked to the bathroom, did as much damage control as I could, called Lisa to laugh about it and continued on to my game of bowling.  What other option did I  have?

How am I 28 and still getting that excited about 1,200 tickets? Agh, it feels good to come clean.

13 comments:

Hali said...

Laughing so hard I could nearly pee my pants....

Miss you! (and Whit!)

Chelsi Lasater said...

You are my favorite person EVER!!!!

lyndsey said...

I don't know you but that is probably the most awesome thing I have ever heard. Made.My.Day.

Ashlee said...

we all have stories of peeing our pants (right?) yet very few of us share them on a blog for everyone to read. And that's why you and your blog are AMAZINGLY funny!

Is it bad that I'm hoping you have many more "pee your pants" experiences?

Gaengy said...

A Gildea girl for sure!

Alex Putnam said...

I seriously love you so much. That was even more of a great day than we all knew. I bet it feels good to come clean...Oh my heck, this is wonderful...

Whitney and Alex said...

I seriously love you so much. That was even more of a great day than we all knew. I bet it feels good to come clean...Oh my heck, this is wonderful...

Jon said...

I don't know about came "clean"

Rach said...

so i am one of your blog stalkers that never comments, but seriously....i just can't resist after this post. i think what makes this post so awesome is that you actually peed your pants not because of a need to go, but because you were so excited over tickets. you are awesome. we need more people like you in this world :)

Kristine L. said...

With mom's lack of bladder control, none of us really stood a chance...

Annie Hall said...

I freakin love you!!!

Unknown said...

OMGOSH! I am so glad that I read this at home because I just BURST OUT LAUGHING. Now I miss you desperately and respect you forever for telling that story on the interwebs!

erin gale said...

this makes me miss you more than i already do. love!